Monday 2 January 2012

A productive evening? ...not as such

...this may not have been my precise plan for spending last night, but there you go.
Next steps: keep culling the selection until it's at least remotely realistic, considering space available.

It's just the beginning!!

After a lot of mulling over, I've come a full circle on what I want to have in/do with the back garden. Having realised that the notions of needing to grow my own (ALL of it!) at least somewhat come from the idea of it being something one "should" do (self-sufficiency ftw, come zombie apocalypse or peak oil[1]), I've now reverted back to my original plan of growing some edibles along with pretty things I like.

A secondary epiphany was that, with such limited space, there's no point in growing things that are cheap, locally produced and can be got at a supermarket (read: potatoes). Thusly, current intentions include:

Tomatoes
Legumes
A cucurbit
Soft fruit
Alliums ("Allia"?)
Lettuces
Rocket

Though I may also stick in a potato or two, just to learn how. Just in case.

[1]: cdcwikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment